Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Reboot Workshop April 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
UPDATE ON RAFFLE PRIZES
Buying a ticket to Reboot Workshop automatically enters you into a raffle for:
- Copy of Salary Tutor book
- Copy of Work Revolution book
- Day pass at New Work City
- $50 class credit at Skillshare
- Are you working in a full-time job you hate?
- Do you have a great business idea inside that you’ve been dying to test?
- Already a freelancer but having difficulty balancing your workload?
- Trying to find that key designer or developer to bring your idea to life?
- Are you ready to start an independent business?
Don’t wait… reboot your life in 2012.
Workshop? Unconference? How does it work?
Based on a hybrid model of efficient learning methods from other successful conferences, our goal for Reboot Workshop is to have a fun, engaging unconference, hackathon style event.
- Subject matter experts: We’ve gathered 10 experts that have “walked the walk” as freelancers and entrepreneurs in their chosen profession: Personal Branding, Design, Technology, Health/Wellness, Accounting, and more.
- Unique, focused presentations: “Death by Powerpoint?” Not here. Our experts will start the day by introducing themselves with an Ignite-style presentation format, using just 20 slides that auto-advance every 15 seconds for a total of just 5 minutes each to give you an overview of each topic.
- Morning group session: Attendees break off into the subject matter group that interests them most – and are encouraged to freely move between groups. Need to focus on branding, marketing, and selling your idea? Spend 30 minutes in each session. Want to know everything about taxes? Focus your attention in this one area.
- Networking lunch: Good ideas can’t flourish on an empty stomach. Grab lunch and strike up a conversation with others in your field, or in an area you need to know more about.
- Reboot afternoon group session: All successful startups need to iterate quickly and pivot when needed, and this is no different. We’ll unearth the hot-button topics and burning questions from the morning session, and customize the afternoon topics to give you the most bang for your buck.
- Wrapping it up: Did we mention the prizes? After some closing remarks, we’ll give away products you’ll actually use to get your new plan off the ground such as free coaching sessions and access to expert advice.
When & Where
The workplace is drastically changing. A December survey showed that a whopping 84% of people planned on leaving their job in 2012, up from 60% just two years ago. Some will look for more pay. Others will look for a better opportunity. But a growing number of passionate workers will strike out on their own, abandoning the safe corporate life to pursue a side project or dream that has been burning inside them. Are you working in a full-time job you hate? Do you have a great business idea inside that you’ve been dying to test? Already a freelancer but having difficulty balancing your workload? Trying to find that key designer or developer to bring your idea to life? Are you ready to start an independent business? Don’t wait… reboot your life in 2012.